Sakura Wing Shoes Tutorial

In my previous post I just had some ideas of how I was going to make the shoes.

Now here's the tutorial~

Like always begin with reference pictures:


Then I made my wing pattern using Sakura's egg backpack from Card Captor Sakura

I used 2mm thickness of craft foam

Next, I hot glued it onto white felt
On the other side, i drew an outline of the wing swirl.
Then hot glue another piece of white felt on top of it

**As I was cutting, I made some room around the foam wing and hot glued the edges

Before making any marks, I pinned the wing to see where I was going to put them

After I pinned them, I used a sharpie to mark the points where the shoelace would go through

Once I got one side done, the other side was done as a stamp imitation.
As soon as i marked one side, I place the other wing on top and pressed it down

Using the mark that was drawn before sealing it up with the felt, I used black fabric dimension paint to give an outline as seen below

Then I punched the holes made from above step

Finally i place them together with the shoelace

And if you have made extra like me...



✎ From the ☾ moon that shines bright as a shooting star ☆

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anime Expo 2014 Day 3 I met KOREA COSPLAY QUEEN!