Cosplay: Vanellope von Schweetz Part 5

Now that I got sweater, pants, shoes, and hair accessories
I'm working on Vanellope's skirt



Again this is my first time making a pleated skirt so I had do some research online
and here was the result.
Vanellope's Reese's cup skirt has an accordion pleating.
So I found this youtube video that really helped me



I used this website to get measurement for the skirt: Circle Skirt Pattern
here you just need to know your waist size, hem length, seam allowance, and fabric width.
It will do the math that you'll need.

If you look at Vanellope's skirt it has 2 layers
Outer skirt: about 6 inches
Inner skirt: about 9 inches

The actual step for making the circular pattern was hit and miss
What I did was made a 1/4 circle pattern and on the fabric i drew and cut out as 1/2 circles
so good luck with this part.

The fabric that I got for the skirt was "144 Potting Soil Solid Microsuede"

and interfacing "Pellon #911 FF fusible featherweight"
I'm thinking that going with the Charcoal Grey would be better because white is eye catching.
Whereas Charcoal Grey is closer to the soil solid microsude fabric than the white.

When I was cutting the suede, i didnt cut it to exact measurement because I was going to hem it.
But when I was cutting the interfacing, I did cut it to measurement because it would provide better shape

then i follow the steps as mentioned on the video:
measure, cut, draw lines, iron, hem, pleat.

Here's what I did to finish the steps into making the skirt
Iron the inner and outer and sew along

double hemming






Skirt is also on my redo list when I learn how to make a better one.
But for now, this will do =D

UPDATE: I finished fixing my skirt (Update on skirt)

✎ From the ☾ moon that shines bright as a shooting star ☆

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. you give me too much credit >.<
      actually i still need to fix it up a bit
      but I'll be waiting after anime expo to do that =D

      Delete
  2. OMG :D Your blog really did help me with my Vanellope cosplay. Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay!~ I'm glad my blog was able to help you =D
      I made the tutorial for vanellope because I couldn't find any good ones out there.
      I hope you come back and visit me more :D

      Delete
  3. Hello :D Your vanellope cosplay is awesome! I'm currently working on the skirt for my cosplay. I'd just like to ask, how did you wear the skirt? Did you add a waistband with a zipper or an elastic waistband? I'm considering an elastic waistband but I'm worried it will ruin the pleats :( thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!
      First thank you~
      I'll try to get a tutorial up for closing up the skirt sometimes next week =D
      I hope that will help you out~

      Delete
  4. Thanks for posting this! I'm going to be Vanellope and my husband is going as Ralph. Really enamored of the tutorial for the skirt. It made me decide to do it this way instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I think you guys will be very very cute! I'm glad that my blog has helped you~ Good luck and have fun!~ =D

      Delete
  5. This is going to be amazing!! My son and daughter have a Disney family dance this friday. You get to dress up as your favorite character well since the kids can't DECIDE I am deciding for them! My 5 yr old will be Vanellope and my 7 yr old son will be Ralph. It's a done deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hope you and your family will have an amazing time this friday! I also hope that my tutorial was somewhat helpful in making vanellope for your daughter!~

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anime Expo 2014 Day 3 I met KOREA COSPLAY QUEEN!