Cosplay: Vanellope von Schweetz Part 2

Now that I got the sweater and pants dyed

Next: finishing details...

3 Details needed for the sweater after dying: 
1. copper/ gold/ bronze ring (where the strings come out from the hood)

Used Bronze Metallic Sharpie and colored the silver ring. Then to secure it, I used hair blower. Let it rest for like 3 days before washing it. *Haven't washed mine yet so I don't know if it will be permanent or not*

2. red-violet string for the hood

I tried to dye this from the original sweater, but the material that was made out of did not dye really well.
But still satisfied with the result.
**FYI: after ax i washed my clothes the string color turned back to white >.<**

3. red-violet "x" stitch across the sweater and the front pocket

I picked up thick acrylic color cord from Daiso (it was originally white).
I dyed this cord with the sweater string.
**FYI: after ax i washed my clothes the string color turned back to white >.<**

2 Details need for the pants after dying:
1. Left leg: white strips
    - Tulip Soft Matte Glacier White Fabric Paint

2. Right leg: white and purple strips
    - Tulip Soft Matte Glacier White Fabric Paint
    - Tulip Soft Matte Grape Fabric Paint

You will also need:
Fabric paint brush


This photo grid shows you how I outlined my strips

Closer look:

***SUPER IMPORTANT: make sure the left leg spiral is in the correct direction as Vanellope's left leg***


✎ From the ☾ moon that shines bright as a shooting star ☆

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anime Expo 2014 Day 3 I met KOREA COSPLAY QUEEN!