Cosplay: Vanellope Von Schweetz Part 4

For the last two days I was working on vanellope's shoes.

This was my first time making shoes for cosplay
Here's my basic outline before I started 

Black and red flip-flops.

Used thick and thin (2mm) craft foams. Used masking tape to put the pieces together

Got myself some fabric to give that leathery shine to the shoe.
Traced the inside part.

Used hot glued
Kinda sad that I had to cut different pieces for the fabric. 
couldn't get that clear smooth look
when i know how to do that, i'm going to redo the shoes

--------------------------------------------------------------
Update: Anna (see comment below) asked to see more pictures on Vanellope's shoes.
Here are some pictures that were not posted before.
I hope these will help~

Left Side                   Right Side

Left side inside view

Side view

Front view

Back view

✎ From the ☾ moon that shines bright as a shooting star ☆

Comments

  1. do the shoes fit you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well i used a flip-flop to my size so yes it fits me.
      would this be the answer you are looking for?

      Delete
  2. Would you ever make these for someone else and sell them?? I attempted to make the shoes and failed miserably. I'm a size 10 and would like to get a pair just like these!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never done a commission >.<
      but.... yea one day I will take up on commissions

      and oh no i'm sorry my tutorial wasn't detailed T-T
      maybe we can salvage it?
      Tell me, how can I help you salvage it??

      Delete
  3. I think you are brilliant! I am going to be Vanellope for Halloween, but the shoes were puzzling me. (I'm knitting legwarmers, polymer clay for the hair candy, and making a skirt out of cardstock.) This is such fantastic inspiration. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! I wasnt sure how to do this when I started but I'm glad that I was able to help you out =D
      I made my hair candy with polymer clay too~
      I hope you'll have an awesome halloween!!~

      Delete
  4. Another alternative for vanellope boots are short ugg boots. (I found super cheap knockoffs online.) You can paint or glue the 'candy stripes' on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a great idea.
      If people don't have time to make it then I would recommend that too.
      Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  5. We had plans to stay at home to pass out candy but my daughter changed her mind and is set on being Vanellope for Halloween. Your tutorials have really inspired me and I'm less stressed about this project. Your attention to detail is right up my alley! The only things I'm not sure about are what do the inside of the boots look like? Do you have pic you can share? Do the boots fit over shoes or is the inside the black flip flop? Thanks so much...Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anna,
      I am excited to hear that your daughter will be dressed as Vanellope for Halloween. I am glad that you were able to find my tutorials helpful. But without any further ado, I have edited this following post with the pictures that you have requested. I hope these are the ones that can answer your questions. If you need more let me know I'll be glad to help. And Happy trick-or-treating!

      Delete
  6. Using a second flip-flop in red is brilliant for this shoe design.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anime Expo 2014 Day 3 I met KOREA COSPLAY QUEEN!